Saturday, January 31, 2009

Confessions of a "Cricuteer"

Yes, I am a "Cricuteer"...a proud owner of a Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter! I received one as a gift a couple of Christmases ago, and I looooove it! I am an aspiring paper crafter, and it's my most favorite crafting tool - and I have a LOT of tools! I'm not kidding! My "addiction" store is Michael's, and I can't walk into WalMart for a pack of gum without a visit to their craft department! Family members often wonder why I need so many supplies and tools. Isn't that akin to asking a chef why he needs so many different ingredients, spices, knives, utensils, pots and pans in his kitchen?!

George Bernard Shaw said, "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will."

Isn't that neat? So wouldn't it be a shame if the creative process would be frustrated by something so...preventable...as running out of double-sided photo tape, or not having the right decorative-edged scissors, or being a half page short of just the right shade of sage green embossed self-adhesive cardstock (btw, totally kidding about that last example...I've yet to find embossed self-adhesive cardstock) Hahaha!

My Cricut tools are a category in themselves...and I've recently added to them by purchasing the "Jukebox" and also the Design Studio Software. My newest adventure into the Cricut realm of crafting will be cutting adhesive vinyl. I admit I'm pretty excited to try it!

I look forward to the day when I'll be able to post pics of my craft room (at present it looks as if a tornado touched down and stayed a while) and the imaginative creations that will come to pass! Ahhh...sweet dreams are made of this!

P.S. This blog was inspired by joelle...who joined the "Cricuteer" ranks this past Christmas when she got a Cricut Create! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my "mania"! Happy crafting!

5 comments:

joelle said...

ahaha
SO TRUE.
when i have my own house,
before kids take charge
i will most definitley have a craft room. in fact, you could probably consider my room now a craft room, with a bed on the side. aha i could never have enough, especially paper. speaking of which i have run out of neutral cardstock (BLACK & WHITE...the essentials!) anyways, i could go on forever. cricuts are fabulous. paper is wondrous. and michael's is heaven in disguise. =)

Lunicrax said...

you're nuts... ;) But I love you anyways.

carolyne b said...

we need to have a cricut party I have one and haven't opened it yet.

Jess said...

Hey Romy,
Check out my blog I tagged you to write some stuff about yourself.

Yvonne said...

Can I come over one day and try it. I've been so tempted. Or you could come to my house I HAVE TONS OF CARDSTOCK.