Friday, February 6, 2009

Randomness

I've been getting "tagged" a lot on Facebook by friends who want to know 25 Random Things about me. Then I was "challenged" by Jess, via her blog, to make a list too (though hers was only 6 things). So I will kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and post my list here!

1. I am very acrophobic. I get the "jittery/weak" feeling in my legs when I stand on a chair to get something out of the kitchen cupboard. I'm also a poor swimmer.
2. The craziest/most terrifying thing I've ever done, was to jump off of a waterfall while on vacation in Mexico. NO, it was not alcohol-related (I'm LDS and do not drink!)...it was giving in to peer-pressure...it was dumb - see above for reasons why.
3. I have never broken a bone in my body, though I did have to get stitches on my left leg in the 4th grade. I jumped off the monkey bars, and landed on a piece of broken glass. I still have a scar!
4. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 25, and passed on the first try!
5. I drove down to Las Vegas with a friend four months after getting my driver's license.
6. Singing while driving my car helps me to be more patient...most of the time...I also love singing in the shower - Disney tunes mostly.
7. I love word games and word puzzles. I could play Boggle for hours!
8. My brain retains a lot of trivia, which is good since I also love Jeopardy! and Trivial Pursuit.
9. I'm trying to learn how to play guitar and piano...it's a work in progress.
10. I love dancing to 80s music!
11. Watching "Field of Dreams" always makes me cry. Maybe I "read" too much into it.
12. My baking skills leave a lot to be desired. The need for exact measuring of ingredients gets me every time. I'm more of a "pinch of this, a dash of that, a smidge more of the other" kind of gal.
13. Serving a full-time mission in the Philippines was one of the greatest learning periods of my life.
14. I love being an aunt! My nieces and nephews bring so much JOY into my life!
15. My parents created my name by combining theirs. ROdrigo + eMILIA = ROMELIA (they changed the first "i" to an "e", which I think looks better)
16. I rarely go by my full first name, so the short forms of their names also works. ROd + eMY = ROMY.
17. I don't have a middle name.
18. If I could leave for an all-expenses paid vacation anywhere in the world right at this moment, I'd go to Italy...Ciao!
19. In the 3rd grade, I learned how to play football to impress a boy...who was my date at our 12th grade grad!
20. My favorite smells include freshly mown grass, wood smoke in the winter evening air, and the pages of a new book when it's first opened.
21. I wish I had the patience to learn how to sew my own clothes.
22. I'm not squeal-ish about bugs, worms, mice, etc. Though I didn't like it when a spider crawled onto my forehead once...let's just say he didn't survive the encounter.
23. One of my favorite "perks" about living in Canada is that my birthday will always be a national holiday - July 1st, a.k.a. Canada Day! Whoo Hoo!
24. I always put my left shoe on first.
25. My favorite poem is The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost. The last stanza is my favorite,
"I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence, Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

3 comments:

Christine Leader said...

Man! I've gotten the same epidemic of lists/tags! I also find #24. just plane bizzare... and you know I'm going to be checking to see what I do tomorrow morning on my way out the door. Thanks.

Here's something random... bizzare came up on the spell checker, now what the heck!?? Your the smart one... help me out here!

Romy said...

It came up because it's supposed to be "bizarre". I looked it up to make sure.

#24 also applies to which leg I put into jeans, pants, shorts, etc. too. Now that I'm thinking of it, I think it might be the same case for my arms too - left one first into sleeves...weird...(now you know I'm gonna have to Google my "condition")

I look forward to seeing if you'll post your own list of randomness!

Yvonne said...

I have been tagged to do this on FB, too. I have done a list of 100, and don't think I can come up with another 25. I think 1, 2, and 3 are all related. Was #1 after #3 ; )

Fun to learn more about you.