Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friendship and Chocolate Toffee Pudding

Yeah! Another post! And it only took a week to do it! This whole blogging thing seems to be tougher than I was anticipating - though I think a lot of worthwhile things in life seem to be, at first!

Today was a WONDERFUL day for a number of reasons! First, the temperature finally rose above "bitterly cold"! I have been trying to not complain so much in view of the other calamitous weather that has been occuring in other parts of the world. However, even the most hardy, and "seasoned" Winterpeggers were beginning to fray at the edges this year! I was afraid that the break in this frigid winter was going to be...well...spring! So, hooray...I was able to walk outside with my jacket unzipped, and without worrying about how quickly any exposed skin was going to freeze!

Another reason today was great was because I met up with a friend for lunch! Sounds pretty run-of-the-mill and ordinary right? Well...considering that it's been almost 20 years since we had seen each other, it was pretty out of the ordinary!

Jo and I met in 6th grade, and became collectors and traders of Teen Beat and Tiger Beat posters! I made sure I gave her all of the Duran Duran (and especially John Taylor) ones I found, and in return she gave me all the C.Thomas Howell (where is he now?!) ones she found. Hahaha! It was a rewarding system! However, we unfortunately lost touch shortly after high school graduation. Then...along came Facebook! So a BIG shout out to Facebook for facilitating our "mini-reunion"! She's been living across "the Pond" (and has a great accent and "English" vocab) for about 10 years. Hopefully it won't be another 20 years before I get the chance to reconnect with more "long, lost friends"!

By the way, the Chocolate Toffee Pudding at Earl's was YUUUUUMMMMY!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

You actually gave up Duran Duran posters??? I'm going to have to google C. Thomas Howell--don't have a clue ; )

How fun to meet up with old friends.

We have some gift certificates from Earls--now I know what to order!!!