Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"We are family...I got all my sistahs with me..."

Just a quick post about the great time I had at our ward Relief Society Social tonight! It was to celebrate the anniversary of the organization of RS in Nauvoo, Illinois, on March 17, 1842.

Our ward's theme for this year was from Ecclesiastes 3:1, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". The tables were decorated "seasonally", and the sisters were invited to sit at the tables according to their birth month.

There was an AMAZING dinner - salad, roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, green and yellow beans with carrots, homemade buns, and lumpia! And for dessert, a very yummy chocolate mousse! I have to admit, we ate a LOT!

After dinner was a great "fashion show", starring the ward Young Women. They modeled the "seasons in a woman's life collection" - from the white gown worn at baptism, to white wedding gowns, to "comfy" mom clothes! It was a great time and the YW did a fantastic job!

Having grown up as the only girl with three brothers, I am grateful for the many sisters I have been blessed with through YW and RS! I have learned so much from them all, older and younger sisters...and I didn't have to worry about any clothes missing from my closet! How thankful I am for the Young Women, and Relief Society organizations! Through them I have truly learned my worth and purpose as a woman!

No comments: