Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Beautiful Saturday!

Today was a GORGEOUS day -- filled with sunshine, blue skies...and above freezing temperatures! Oh, the JOY to know that another winter season is coming to an end! I was walking around outside, and didn't have to wear a coat! I had a sweater on, and it felt so AMAZING! I felt so much FREEDOM in not having to wear my bulky, down-filled jacket!

There were BIG puddles of melted snow and ice everywhere! I didn't even mind getting splashed by other vehicles (as long as I was inside my vehicle!). The only "problem" I encountered was that my rear window wiper wasn't working, and boy did I need it today! Oh well, I'll get it fixed on Monday!

Another big reason why today was so wonderful was because it was my niece Tori's baptism day! Our entire family was able to gather together for this important step in Tori's life! It's amazing to think that she's old enough to be baptized, the time has flown by! She was so lovely in her white dress! She was also quite the trooper when the ordinance had to be re-done a couple of times, due to the skirt of her dress popping up and not being completely immersed in the water! The water was also very cold! I think it'll help make this day very memorable!

I think my favorite part of the baptismal service was when all of my nieces, and Ethan got up to sing "I Am A Child of God"! It was so fun to watch the expressions on their cute faces, and so moving to hear their voices singing this beloved song! I am so grateful for the blessing of being their aunt! They bring me so much JOY!

3 comments:

superturtle said...

I agree with you! Wahoo! JOY! The Snow is starting to melt!

Also, congratulations to Torie!

I'm sure they looked like little angels singing that song!

Yvonne said...

Congratulations to torie. It must have been so fun to see all your little nieces and little Ethan singing I Am a Child of God.

The day was beautiful wasn't it.

Elizabeth said...

Awwwwwww!
Wish I could have been there.
I'm sure it was wonderful!!