Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Indigo Books, Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino...a fun tradition!


I spent a great day with my niece Belle on Monday! We continued the tradition which we'd started last year to celebrate her birthday. We went for lunch, browsed to our hearts' content at our favorite store - Indigo Books, and finished it off with some treats from Starbucks!



It's hard for me to believe that she is now twelve years old! Wasn't it just the other day that I marveled at the soft, sweet-smelling, round bundle as she was placed into my first-time-auntie arms?! (Cue music to "Sunrise, Sunset"...) Now she is almost as tall as I am! However, she is still a marvel to me! She is becoming a well-rounded young woman as she develops her skills and abilities in many pursuits! She is learning to play piano and flute, she swims and likes long distance running, she has a voracious appetite for reading, and has received awards for her academic prowess at school! She is also eager to get going in her Personal Progress program, and has already finished one value experience! Way to go!

She is soft spoken - though the speed at which she speaks has increased a lot! She is a kind and thoughtful older sister to Tori and Ethan. She is a joy and blessing to our family!

3 comments:

Butchike Bunch said...

Romy, Im so excited to connect with you via the blog world. Also your posts made me miss all of your sweet nieces and nephews and teaching them in Primary. We miss Dalhousie Ward!xoxo

Jess said...

That is so awesome that she is super excited about life and young women's. I can't believe she is twelve either. Have fun with your traditions you are such a cool aunt.

Yvonne said...

I was so shocked that she was turning 12--just seemed IMPOSSIBLE. She is a beautiful young woman. And she's already completed one value--that is terrific.

You are a great aunt ; )